Paths of Destiny
Whats changed? Quite a bit. The Blackguard has been totally revamped to make it a more viable prestige class, rather than just an evil version of the paladin of the old 3.x design.Requirements: To qualify to become a blackguard, a character must fulfill all the following criteria
- Alignment: Any evil
- Skills: Hide 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 2 ranks
- Feats: Cleave, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
- Special: The character must have made peaceful contact with an evil outsider who was summoned by him or someone else
- Interaction with Paladin Levels: Note: this specifically concerns my house rules. Taking levels as a blackguard does not count as multiclassing if the PC’s prior levels include deathknight levels
- Enemy of Good (Ex): A blackguard gains a profane bonus to hit and damage good-aligned outsiders
- Dirty Fighting: As the feat
- Scourge of Good (Ex):A blackguard gains an additional profane bonus to attack and damage, and increased critical threat range against all good-aligned creatures (of all types). This ability stacks with the Enemy of Good ability as well as the Improved Critical feat
- Improved Dirty Fighting: As the feat
- Blasphemy (Sp): A blackguard gains the supernatural ability to speak a blasphemy which he can utter once per day
- Angel Slayer (Ex): A blackguard becomes a good-killing machine. On a critical hit, against good outsiders, the target is stunned for 1 round and the target is considered to be staggered for 1 additional round for every 2 points of strength modifier the blackguard has
- Note; this ability stacks with the Scourge of Good
- Smites, Seals and Judgments: A Blackguard who has levels of paladin/ deathknight still gain effect increases of these abilities when they gain levels of Blackguard as if they had advanced in levels of paladin/ deathknight.
- Fallen Paladins: Blackguards who have levels in the paladin class (that is to say, are now ex-paladins) gain extra abilities the more levels of paladin they have.
- Fiendish Servant: A blackguard of sufficient level can call a fiendish bat, cat, dire rat, horse, pony, raven, or toad to serve him.